Correlation between yielding fracture mechanics parameters and the crack growth rate of a low strength steel in an ammonium carbonate solution.

Sarıoglu, Filiz


The effect of loading rate, temperature and crack length on fracture initiation toughness in a low strength steel.
Arıkan, Rafet; Doruk, Mustafa; Department of Metallurgical Engineering (1982)
Determination of pedestrian level of service for walkways: Metu campus example
Karataş, Pınar; Tüydeş Yaman, Hediye; Department of Civil Engineering (2015)
While studying the level of pedestrian activity on the campus of Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, pedestrian flow maps, counted manually and multiple times a day, showed changes in directionality and volumes of pedestrians during a day. Also, a student survey revealed that, in overall, 60% of the participants found the METU campus walkways sufficient, while the remaining 40% found it insufficient. Students stated that existence of sidewalks on both sides, infrastructure, protection against t...
Effects of current density, coating thickness, temperature, pH and particle concentration on internal stress during Ni-MoS2 electrocodeposition
Guler, E. Saraloglu; Karakaya, İshak; KONCA, ERKAN (2014-02-01)
Internal stress in plated deposits has been a common problem that may affect the functionality of coatings. Electrodeposition parameters and insoluble particles modify the characteristics and the level of internal stress of coatings. The influence of the electrocodeposition parameters and their interaction effects on the internal stress during the electrodeposition of Ni and Ni-MoS2 composite coatings were studied by fractional factorial design. The parameters studied and their ranges were: MoS2 particle co...
Impact of Casimir Force in Molecular Electronic Switching Junctions
Katzenmeyer, Aaron; Logeeswaran, V. J.; Tekin, Bayram; Islam, M. Saif (2008-03-27)
Despite significant progress In synthesizing several new molecules and many promising single device demonstrations, wide range acceptance of molecular electronics as an alternative to CMOS technology has been stalled not only by controversial theories of a molecular device's operation, for example the switching mechanism, but also by our inability to reproducibly fabricate large arrays of devices. In this paper, we investigate the role of Casimir force as one of the potential source of a wide range of discr...
Production of the sidewalks : the case of Atatürk Boulevard
Gülkök, Işıl; Keskinok, Hüseyin Çağatay; Department of Urban Policy Planning and Local Governments (2013)
This thesis is a study on the spatial and also ideological processes regarding Ankara- Ataturk Boulevard sidewalks. The main concern of this study is to discuss the pattern of determinants in the process that led to appreciation of public life, de-appreciation of public life/ appreciation of the pedestrian and finally de- appreciation of the pedestrian; and respectively production, re-production and de-construction of sidewalks, in the frame of Ataturk Boulevard case. It would be unfairness to consider the ...
Citation Formats
F. Sarıoglu, “Correlation between yielding fracture mechanics parameters and the crack growth rate of a low strength steel in an ammonium carbonate solution.,” Ph.D. - Doctoral Program, Middle East Technical University, 1985.